Mr. Smith has consulted on a number of projects with a variety of groups as listed below.
• Consult on session development for the Jubilee Jambalaya writer’s conference for Nicholls State University’s Jubilee—Festival of the Arts and Humanities.
• Consult with authors on writing and publishing projects.
• Edit the Ochsner Medical Foundation Intensive Care Unit staff publication.
• Edit website text for Dixie Riverside Charters.
• Edit various book projects for authors such as John B. McHugh, Christopher Brown, and Beatriz Saigal to name a few.
Production Editor; Patron Saint Productions; New Orleans, LA
Serve as production editor for a small press startup in New Orleans specializing in Internet marketing for publishers and authors. Also produce hard copy promotionals with plans for book and periodical publishing projects. Editor of an eight-page publication covering topics related to the publishing industry.
Promotionals Editor; John B. McHugh; Milwaukee, WI
Serve as promotionals editor for a successful rights and permissions consultancy.
Course Developer; University of New Orleans; New Orleans, LA
Initiated and developed more than a dozen courses on a variety of topics for the University of New Orleans Metropolitan College. Also referred appropriate instructors to teach the courses.
Course Developer; St. Charles Parish Community Education; Destrehan, LA
Initiated and developed several courses on a variety of topics for the Community Education Program of the St. Charles Parish school system. Also referred appropriate instructors to teach the courses.
Have consulted with the HURD Casting Network with casting and organizational development issues.
• Provide process analysis for scientific journal editorial offices.
• Consult with foreign nationals and U.S. citizens on résumé design and development.
• Developed and present workshops on résumé writing, job search, and effective interviewing for the Louisiana Department of Labor.